Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 37 – Local Bounty

If you had told me three months ago when I lived in Michigan that in April the temperature would be in the mid-sixties today, I would have been thrilled. Today in Tucson, however, I thought it was nippy enough to be wearing a jacket instead of the short-sleeved polo I had on.

You just can't please some people, huh?

Tomorrow it is going to be back into the seventies and mid-eighties by Saturday. Now that's more like it.

I have discovered that there is more to the Southwest than just the weather. There are some pretty good local brews as well. Yesterday I had a really great Nut Brown Ale from Santa Fe Brewery that made me wish I had bought more than one. Today I had a nice hefeweizen from the same brewer. I also had a really nice amber ale from Oak Creek Brewing Company (up Sedona way) that was on par with Fat Tire from New Belgium Brewing. Speaking of my new favorite brewmeister (New Belgium, that is), yesterday I had their Abbey Trippel (no, I did not spell it wrong), which is a Belgium ale that was quite delicious.

The past four days I've had seven beers that have averaged 3.5 on my scale. In other words, some really good stuff. Three of them were local brews and they more than held their own.

Damn! Nice weather AND really good beer.

I guess you can please some people.

Salud!

Goal...............524.....365
Progress...........68.......37
Remaining......456.....328

No comments:

Post a Comment