Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 19 – Ahead of Schedule

Wow!

Not even three weeks into the quest and I'm ahead of schedule. Not by a mile, mind you, but cruising on overdrive right now. With two days to go before the end of Week Three (3?), I already have my ten (10?) in the for the week. 11, actually. This will probably be my best week yet, coming in around 13 or 14 different beers, bringing my grand total up to about 36.

Now, granted, this is a marathon, not a sprint, as I've expounded on before when I thought I might not make my quota of ten. However, if you do the math, I need to make 10 a week for 52 weeks PLUS four more at some point. Well, I've done the four and then some, meaning I'm working on reducing my weekly quota to 9.

Okay, that will take a while, but I'm happy to be ahead of the curve instead of behind it at this point for two reasons. One, it gives me some breathing room for the weeks I don't make the quota and, two, it gives me reassurance that if I ever do fall behind, I can catch up.

Today I had a red ale called Censored (not bad) and a porter from Sierra Nevada (better). Since I've already declared some styles off my list, I'll have to expand my pool of beers to Europe and other parts of the world. I had wanted to keep it to just American craft beers, but in hindsight, that went out the window with my second beer (Dos Equis). With IPA's and other hoppy craft beers off my list, I have no choice but to branch out. Personally that works for me since I love Belgian witbiers and English ales and German lagers.

With a busy day today, I don't have much more to write about, but will work on the next topic in two days time when I complete Week 3 (Three?).

Cheers!

Goal...............524.....365
Progress...........34.......19
Remaining.....490.....346

No comments:

Post a Comment