Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 35 – Ups and Downs

The (my) Detroit Red Wings lost Sunday. Boo. They won today to tie the series. Yeah!

The temperature today in Tucson was in the upper 80's. Yeah! The temperature Thursday will be in the mid-60's. Boo. I thought only the weather in Michigan fluctuated like this. Go figure.

Sunday I had a couple of below par beers. Boo. Yesterday and today I had above average beers. Yeah!

What, you ask? I'm so glad you did.

Yesterday I had a German Hefeweizen from Flying Dog Brewery called (appropriately enough) In-Heat Wheat. The best of this style to date. I also had a porter from Breckenridge Brewery called Vanilla Porter. Again, the best of this style to date. Yeah!

Today I had a Belgian Strong Ale from Dogfish Head Brewery (hmm...a couple of breweries named after dogs) called Raison D'Etre, a play on words due to the use of raisins in the product. Best of this style to date. And finally I had a really great brown ale from a (fairly) local brewery Santa Fe Brewing Company called Nut Brown Ale. Not original in name, but the best of the style to date. Yeah!

Hmm...I sense a pattern here.

So, no surprise here, but things go in cycles. Some days, peanuts. Some days, shells. That sounds familiar for some reason...

Ups and downs. Shells and peanuts. The circle of life.

Today is the end of Week 5. Yeah! I ended up rating 14 beers. Yeah! I'm even farther ahead of schedule. Yeah!

Sometimes, the ups exceed the downs. It is what I live for.

Mabuhay! That's Tagalog (Phillipines) for "Long life." If it's not, I visited the wrong web site.

Cheers!

Goal...............524.....365
Progress...........65.......35
Remaining......459.....330

No comments:

Post a Comment