Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 208 – What a Week I Think I'm Going to Have!

Have you ever had a Sunday evening where you dreaded the coming week? Sure, we all have. Right?

Well, I have one of those coming up and I just have two things to say - I hope I'm overreacting and I can't wait for next Friday evening.

I have an overnight trip coming up where I fly east, give a one-hour presentation to a group of clients, and fly right back home. The presentation won't be bad, but two days away from work for a one-hour presentation means that I have long days coming up, not just the Tuesday and Wednesday when I travel, but the Monday and Thursday as well. Monday is like any Monday, but I also have to get ready to leave for my trip. Thursday morning is the monthly executive meeting where I know one particular part (the last part) will not be a walk in the park. Fun, fun, fun.

It's a good thing I drink.

Speaking of which, a pretty good week. I'm at 343 and going strong, so the four hundred mark is looking pretty good right now. If I was running a marathon, I'd be past the 16-mile marker. Not exactly home free, but getting close enough to think I might just make the finish line after all.

By the way, Abita Pecan Harvest Ale...if you find it, buy it. Excellent ale.

When I first began this quest, it was sort of like the week I think I'm going to have. I questioned whether I would make it to the end or not. And yet, look where I'm at. You have to have faith that things are going to work out. You have to believe that you will make it to the finish line.

Right now, the finish line is Friday evening. It's a good thing I drink.

Life is good and so is beer.

Unfortunately, they don't know that in Qatar where alcohol is forbidden. Bummer. And I thought my week is going to be crappy.

Goal...............524.....365
Progress.........343.....208
Remaining......181.....157

No comments:

Post a Comment