Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 133 – The Inevitable Slowdown

Okay, it was bound to happen. Life intrudes and suddenly the quest gets shoved into the background. In the last blog I wrote (more than two weeks ago!), I mentioned that my wife and I had bought a house and were moving. Guess what I've been doing the past two weeks?

Which means I haven't had the opportunity to buy new brews or sample new brews, which means I've been drinking brews I have already tried, which means my progress has slowed considerably.

Good thing I had a big lead, huh?

In the two plus weeks since my last blog, I have sampled exactly 12 different beers. I averaged more than that every week before the move! Atrocious progress, to be sure, but I'm back and ready to kick it into high gear.

The only bright spots over the past couple of weeks have been a couple of offerings from Left Hand Brewing. One is Sawtooth Ale (Premium Bitter/ESB) and the other is Black Jack Porter (guess the style). Both highly recommended. The other ten are best soon forgotten.

Our house is very nice and the view is to die for, so I don't regret giving up some of my lead for this. Well worth it, I say. With a several week lead, I haven't really lost that much ground in my quest and I've gained one hell of a location to live. Seems like a fair trade to me.

In a couple of weeks, I'll be heading overseas on a business trip. My first stop is India, not exactly a bastion of beer, but I should be able to sample a selection or two while I'm there. My last stop is the United Kingdom. Yeah, I know. I am going to kick some beer butt there! Hell, seven days of going to pubs? I just hope I can record every beer I try over there.

So, while I have been a bit absent lately, I am far from out of the game. I'm back and more determined than ever to hit my goal.

Life is good and so is beer!

In honor of my trip to India, " A la sature." I have no idea what it means, but hopefully it doesn't mean "death to beef eaters."

Goal...............524.....365
Progress.........236.....133
Remaining.....288.....232

No comments:

Post a Comment