Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 11 - Good News, Bad News...You Decide

Due to work and social commitments, I didn't blog yesterday. That's okay, though, because I didn't drink anything new. I had the opportunity when my wife and I stopped by a local grill with some new friends to have a libation or two before heading home, but I chose the familiar over the unexplored.

Due to work and social commitments, I won't be blogging tomorrow or the next day, either. That's okay, though, because I probably won't have much chance to drink something new those days as well.

So how does that affect my quest? Well, it's too early to say, of course, but that great start of the first week has turned into a bit of a stumble the second week. Sort of like a sophomore jinx after a notable freshman year. However, I also discovered that I had miscounted my tally on Day Nine (oh, you noticed I switched to numerals? Had to sometime...) so that I actually had tried three new beers instead of two as reported.

Today was a good day, however. I tried three new beers and they were all good to very good. First up was a witbier from Avery Brewing called White Rascal. Very good, classical witbier just a shade under Blue Moon for color and taste. The next was a very nice brown ale from Left Hand Brewing called Deep Color Brown Ale. Malty with just a trace of hops, just the way I like a brown ale. The last was called Old Scratch Amber Lager from Flying Dog Brewery. Very nice lager with a rich color and smooth finish.

With the three new beers today, that gives me six for the week with three days to go, though two of those days are doubtful for anything new. Not unlikely or impossible, but there's reason to think I might not. Thus my standard weekly quota of ten is in jeopardy and this is only Week 2 (Two?).

On the other hand, my total tally now stands at 18, only two shy of the 20 I need to have in by the end of Week Two (2?). I don't see any reason why I can't reach the 20 mark, so my good start of Week 1 (One?) will cover the stumble of Week Two (2?). And if I can work in a new beer tomorrow or the next day, I might even reach my quota for the week.

This challenge is enough to drive a man to drink. Oh, wait, that's the whole purpose, isn't it?


Goal...............524.....365
Progress...........18.......11
Remaining.....506.....354

No comments:

Post a Comment